“I am nothing to you but Captain Nemo; and you and your companions are nothing to me but the passengers of the Nautilus.” 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea Jules Verne
Welcome to Sea Salt Park, the first land in Shunt’s Micro-Nation Revolutions. A nation that heralds travel, adventure and discovery. Everything is to be explored and nothing is to be seen in the same way. Learn to journey through water, aided by the power of your imagination, or become an Olympian in a feat of physical prowess and agility. Here strength, curiosity, bravery and discovery are heralded. Ignorance and prejudice condemned. Stay and relax in a constant holiday state or continue your journey to the next nation.
MANIFESTO SEA-SALT PARK
What difference is there between the ‘Earth’ and Mars? What difference between the ‘Earth’ and Venus, and all the other planets? I will tell you… It’s not the presence of rock and dirt and earth, no, these are rather common. What makes our planet special is The Sea, liquid water
The Sea feels it has suffered the injustice of being sidelined for too long and has instructed us, it’s ambassadors, to communicate the following demands, intended to assert it’s rightful claim as the most powerful nation on the planet.
1. Renaming of this planet to the more accurate planet Water.
2. The Sea is to have a permanent seat on the UN Security Council.
3. Policy of non-interference in The Sea’s internal affairs to be established.
4. Diplomatic Missions to establish embassies of The Sea in all land states.
5. Cessation of the illegal construction of demeaning and illegal ‘Sea Defences’ (so-called).
6. Return to pre 1400 AD borders, specifically the occupied territories of the Netherlands are to be returned to The Sea’s control.
7. The brutal and barbarian practice of deliberate maiming and killing of The Sea’s intellectual classes, Octopus and Squid is to cease immediately.
8. All prisoners of conscience held by the earthbound nation states to be released. This will take the form of a prisoner exchange and is to be conducted as follows:
1. Penguins captured in the line of duty will be exchanged for the captured souls of naval officers. The exchange is to take place on the beaches of Gallipoli.
2. The forty one Whales held prisoner by Earth bound nations are to be released unconditionally.
3. Jelly fish will be exchanged for the communiques intercepted by The Sea. These messages will be returned in their original bottles on the shores of Cape Hope.
4. The Sea understands some Dolphins have expressed the wish to remain in the earth bound nations. Any that wish to remain must be released from prison, with the earth-bound nation in which they reside to provide a suitable apparatus to ensure their health, liberty, and freedom of movement. They must be afforded full and unequivocal rights, with modifications made to building accessibility as needed.
Failure to meet these demands will result in the declaration of war by The Sea and it’s allies, The Rivers and The Lakes.